Google Analytics Goals refer to pre-defined actions which you, the marketer, aim to get your website visitors to take. Goals vary based on your business, business model and website but here are some examples of common goals.
- Contact form: Usercompletes a contact form
- Newsletter sign-up: User opts-in to your email list
- New member: User signs up for your website
- Coupon download: User downloads a coupon to redeem in your store
- Phone calls: User calls you
- Time on Site: Website user spends a certain amount of time on site
- Anything else which is part of the overall business objective