Yelp Announces New Business Page Upgrades to Help Businesses Stand Out and Build their Reputation
- Add badges to your profile for business highlights like eco friendly, walk-ins welcome, 24/7 availability, + 30 or so others
- $1-$2 per day
Portfolio – $1-2 per day
- Add portfolio items
Yelp Verified license
- Yelp claims an increase in engagement with these “badges”
Bing Ads Offers better Tracking Mechanisms
- Parallel tracking
- Just like Google
- User is taken directly to the final URL while the tracking url is fired and processes in the background
- Goal is to speed up the click and increase user trust as the redirect is not apparent.
Tracking Templates expanded to include final URL suffix and more custom parameters
- Google Search Console says goodbye to preferred domain setting
- This was previously used to help solidify your desire to have the www vs non www version showing as your primary
- Reality is that the better practice was to:
- Set redirects to the preferred version
- Use canonicals where needed
- Specifiy in your sitemap
Google My Business Adds Branding Tools
- Short Names: Businesses can now claim hort names. Access this via the “info” tab with GMB but do it quickly. We say some fairly unique names already claimed!
- Welcome Offers
- Available on apps right now
- When a user “follows” your business, you can give an offer which they can save.
Rick Maggio brings over 15 years of tactical, hands-on experience managing digital advertising campaigns both small and large. Rick has worked in agency-land and on large in-house marketing teams and loves sharing his extensive experience with the LDA community.