In a previous course topic, we discussed the “Site Search” report, one which provides statistics on how users utilize our website’s search bar. In this lessons, we’ll quickly cover how to turn-on site search tracking.
Requirements for Tracking Website Search Data
- A website with a search bar which allows users to search your content.
- A website whose search programming passes the “search term” data in the URL of the search results page.
- Perform a query on your own website and evaluate the search function and URL behavior
- Note the URL “parameter” which defines the search query
- Add that parameter to the view settings
Rick Maggio brings over 15 years of tactical, hands-on experience managing digital advertising campaigns both small and large. Rick has worked in agency-land and on large in-house marketing teams and loves sharing his extensive experience with the LDA community.